Terms & Conditions
All reservations with Azur Vélo indicate acceptance of the Terms and Conditions outlined below.
Due to widespread concern about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we are temporarily modifying our trip alteration and cancellation policy. We want you to enjoy your cycling trip and feel safe, so we hope this extra flexibility will put your mind at ease regarding upcoming trips and new reservations. Please note the modifications below in red, applicable for trips with start dates between March 15, 2020 and September 15, 2020, and new reservations made through September 15, 2020.
A $500 deposit per person is required to reserve a custom or semi-custom trip or training camp with Azur Vélo.
A $200 deposit per person is required to reserve an Étape du Tour course reconnaissance with Azur Vélo.
We accept payments via Paypal, or wire transfer upon request. Once you have submitted your registration request form for a trip, an invoice for the deposit/payment due will be emailed to the address you provided on your form. Your trip will be reserved once your deposit payment has been received, and confirmed 15 days after we receive the deposit.
The balance of your payment is due 45 days prior to the trip departure date for all Custom Cycling Trips, Gran Fondo Event Trips and Training Camps, and 60 days prior to the Tour de France 2020 Grand Départ Cycling Trip.
If for some reason you have to cancel your trip the cancellation must be confirmed in writing.
The following charges will apply:
- After booking a trip, you may cancel within 15 days and we will refund the your deposit minus a $150 administrative fee.
- If you cancel more than 15 days after paying your deposit, there is no refund of the deposit.
- If you cancel your trip between 30 and 60 days prior to the trip start date, the cancellation fee is 50% of the total trip cost.
- If you cancel your trip less than 30 days prior to the trip start date, the cancellation fee is 100% of the total trip cost.
Tour de France 2020 Grand Départ Trip:
- If you cancel your trip between 60 and 90 days prior to the trip start date, the cancellation fee is 50% of the total trip cost.
- If you cancel your trip less than 60 days prior to the trip start date, the cancellation fee is 100% of the total trip cost.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Trip Alteration and Cancellation Policy Modifications; applicable for all trips with start dates between March 15, 2020 and September 15, 2020, and new reservations made through September 15, 2020:
- If you cancel your trip between 30 and 60 days prior to the trip start date, the cancellation fee is your trip deposit.
- If you cancel your trip less than 30 days prior to the trip start date, the cancellation fee is 50% of the total trip cost.
- If you have a trip planned with a start date between March 15, 2020 and September 15, 2020, you may choose to postpone your trip and reschedule (pending staff and hotel availability) up to 14 months from your original start date (through September 15, 2021). The reschedule fee is your trip deposit + a 15-30% increase in total trip cost to account for mid season or high season pricing, as applicable.
Although we endeavor to present information and descriptions of a given trip as accurately as possible, participants are encouraged to make independent investigations of their own in terms of the weather prospects for the duration of the trip, the conditions of the roads and the terrain over which tours or training may take place. It is the responsibility of participants to decide for themselves whether or not any trip organized by us is either suitable or appropriate for them in terms of the challenges and risks that may be encountered.
Trip Alterations & Cancellation:
Azur Vélo reserves the right to make hotel and route modifications which become necessary due to circumstances beyond our control and undertake to inform participants as soon as possible.
Azur Vélo reserves the right to cancel the trip in which case all payments including the deposit will be refunded. This will constitute full settlement. We advise you to avoid purchasing non-refundable travel tickets before your trip departure is confirmed with Azur Vélo.
Cycling, running, swimming and other sports have inherent risks attached to them and Azur Vélo, LLC. shall not be liable for any damages relating to loss of property, personal injury, death or other loss whether arising from accident, cancellation, delays or any other matter beyond our control. Each participant is required to take out travel and personal accident insurance coverage. Therefore, you must be adequately insured against personal injury, medical expenses arising from accident or injury, property loss, theft or damage, and trip cancellation. All participants must provide proof of applicable personal accident and travel insurance cover before the commencement of the trip and on request.
It is the sole responsibility of the participant to determine his or her level of bike and road handling ability and whether or not our cycling trip is suitable for the individual concerned. Participants accept all risks to their physical well-being associated with this activity as well as other sports in Triathlon Training and Multisport Camps, such as their ability to withstand exposure to the elements, level and extent of physical exertion, tolerance and endurance.
Participants will be using challenging roads while out cycling and it is for the participants to decide whether or not their cycling equipment, cycling speed, physical endurance and/or bike and road handling are of an appropriate standard for a given trip.
When you book a cycling trip with Azur Vélo, LLC., you undertake to conduct yourself in a manner that does not put at risk your own safety or that of other participants on the trip. In addition you accept all risks of the roads of the tour regions including the challenging terrain, road hazards, vehicles on the road, hazards from other cyclists and other road users. Cyclists can and do sustain serious injuries from such hazards. Azur Vélo, LLC. and its employees or associates cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for the state of the roads of any tour region or for the conduct of any participant or other road user.
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions:
By paying the trip reservation deposit and thus indicating a desire to book a trip with us, you will be deemed to have accepted our terms and conditions of service which this disclaimer is part of. Your booking is accepted on the understanding that you realize and accept the dangers, risks and hazards inherent in any cycling, triathlon or multisport trip activity. Please be advised that all trip participants must sign our waiver/ release form prior to participation in the trip.)